Re: HP Job Shortage

I would like to add another problem that I have observed in the past
few years.  A hospital, a university or any institution in the industrial
sector requires that a person fill the position of RSO, but there is also
a need for a "safety" person to conduct all other safety operations.
Thus, an Industrial Hygenist is hired, having very little knowledge of
Health Physics. Later, the Industrial Hygenist is sent to attend one of
many courses for Radiation Safety Officers, and there you have a
brand new HP with little knowledge and zero experience.

But the argument is that the company is "saving" thousands of
dollars, but they are creating a great potential for liability and a
definite risk to the health of maybe thousands of employees.