Multi-clinic Monitoring

We have a fair number of cases where Radiologist X practices at Clinic A, B
and C. Each clinic is a separate entity with respect to x-ray machine
registrations so each clinic furnishes the radiologist with a separate
personnel monitor (in our case serviced by three separate companies).

It is known that a registrant must insure that the radiologist not exceed the
allowable MPD dose equivalent from the use of registered machines at the
registrant's clinic.

This implies that it is possible for multi-clinic practicing Radiologist X to
receive a total dose equivalent that exceeds the MPD-theoretically a
cumulative dose Equivlent (DE) that is 3 times the allowable MPD.

1. Is a clinic responsible for gathering monitoring data from other clinics
so that a global DE for Radiologist X is monitored by the clinic?

2. If the clinic is responsible for the monitoring of the cum. DE and
Radiologist X's cumulative dose equivalent exceeds the maximum single MPD
(5000 mrem) must all clinics refuse to allow Dr X from practicing even though
the Dr's dose equivalent at each clinic is below the MPD?

3. Is Radiologist X soley responsible for keeping track of her cumulative
dose equivalents received at all clinics? This implies that each clinic need
only be concerned with the accumulated DE at their clinic.

I would greatly appreciate any comments and assistance in clearing up this
dilema.

Franz St. George, Ph.D.
Medical Physicist