Re: Multi-clinic Monitoring

>We have a fair number of cases where Radiologist X practices at Clinic A, B
>and C. Each clinic is a separate entity with respect to x-ray machine
>registrations so each clinic furnishes the radiologist with a separate
>personnel monitor (in our case serviced by three separate companies).

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Our facility is a teaching hospital, and as such we have residents and
fellows who rotate as often as once a month to other facilities to receive
their training.  In addition to the logistics of tracking and sending out
dosimeters to multiple facilities, we find that we are put in the position
of having to maintain the total exposure each individual receives from all
of these facilities versus having to explain excessive "presumptive
exposures" which occur a facilities over which we have no control.

As we are the home organization for these individuals, our radiation safety
committee decided to continue issuing dosimeters which "travel" with the
individual.  It's quite time consuming to keep track of who is where, but
with the cooperation of the departments and the RSOs at the other
facilities, we are managing to maintain records which reflect the total
exposures.

  Gerald Feldman, M.S.
  Radiation Safety Officer
  UCI Medical Center