good nuke news

A while back on commented on a press article refering to all the
cancer deaths from Chernobyl which appeared about the same time as a
thread here about the lack of cancers from Chernobyl.  Everyone
agreed about the pervasive media bias.
    I thought I'd mention the article I saw in Sunday's paper about
workers at Los Alamos.  It described how they ingested, injected, and
otherwise got infused with plutonium, and how they have been studied
ever since.  Seems as though their health is really good.  One
individual was quoted as saying how mad he was that he kept hearing
this lie about one speck of plutonium being enough to wipe out
everyone on earth.  Sounds like good press to me.  On the other hand..
    The article also said that the paltry few thousands the
government has been spending to follow this group is being ended.  Is
it because a) the group is too small to be statistically significant
and is therefore not valuable, or b) just a random victim of budget
cutting fever in Washington, or c) they're not getting sick from
radiation.

dgilmore@navajo.astate.edu

David F. Gilmore,
Assistant Professor of          0  0
Environmental Biology            __    "have a day"
Arkansas State University