Nuclear medicine physician training

Dear Radsafers,

The Winnipeg Health Sciences Centre (a Canadian university teaching hospital)
has a four-year residency training program for nuclear medicine physicians.
It's my job to teach them what they need to know about the fundamentals of
radiation safety in this medical environment and the pertinent Canadian
regulations. Over the last 10 years or so, all of our N.M. residents taking the
Canadian fellowship exams have passed all sections of their exams the first time
around, so we must be doing something right.

We currently have a few N.M. residents who wish to write the U.S.A. fellowship
exams. I assume the basic principles and practices of NM radiation safety are
identical, regardless of national boundaries - so teaching that part is easy.
The problem is, I am unfamiliar with the American regulations surrounding the
medical use of radioactive materials.

I would greatly appreciate a list of the pertinent U.S. regulations we should
obtain, as well as the (publications office) address of the applicable
regulatory agency(ies).

Are there any sample examination questions available, so that we can get an idea
of the breadth and depth of knowledge required by potential candidates?

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Please forward
your responses directly to me to the following address (not to the Radsafe
listserve):

Karin Gordon
Radiation Safety Office		phone	(204) 787-2903
Health Sciences Centre		fax	(204) 787-1313
GC-214, 820 Sherbrook St.	e-mail	KGordon@cc.umanitoba.ca
Winnipeg, MB
R3A 1R9