Re: Simulated Contamination -Reply

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996 16:56:49 -0400 MARK WINSLOW wrote:

> It was a spray which could be detected by the
manufacture's meter.  The meters were shaped like pancake
probes but did not measure radiation at all.  I think it was
some type of H nue device.  However I don't recall the
company.

The company is called Safe Training Systems and they have a
variety of radiation meters that have been modified for
training purposes.  We have a modified Eberline E-140 with
HP-260 probe that detects the liquid (solid is available as
well).  The system is expensive (~$9000) but works *very*
well.  Very realistic.

Canadian distributor is Biomation in Perth, Ontario.

Regards,
Peter J. Fundarek
University of Toronto
CANADA