7A Type A Packaging

I recall a presentation at an HPS meeting several years ago, where someone
described the performance testing of an ammunition box to meet the 7A Type A
specification.

If that individual is willing to distribute the testing results, others
would benefit.

As I understand the requirements, a 7A Type A specification can be met by
having a copy of the performance testing available, and of course, using the
package in accordance with the testing parameters.  The Test and Evaluation
Document for DOT Specification 7A Type A Packaging (July 1992) was prepared
for DOE by Westinghouse Hanford (Also known as the Mound Report).  This
documents the testing for several packages.  I do not know where it may be
obtained.  It is about 500 pages long.
Jack Patterson, CHP
USDA Radiation Safety Staff
Riverdale, MD
jpatterson@nmaa.org
DISCLAIMER:The opinions are mine, not my employers