Re: news

If others of us are to respond, we need to read the article. Is it
available on the net? Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov

*** Reply to note of 04/16/96 16:46

From: DAVE GILMORE
To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE

Subject: Re: news
I wrote....

> >And today in the news...  I just finished reading a vicious diatribe
> >against nuclear power in Cody Shearer's column in our Jonesboro (Ark)
> >Sun.
  AL Vest replied..
> Are you, or is anybody in your part of Arkansas, going to respond to the
> editor of that paper with a more balanced perspective?  Maybe even an attack
> on the misinformation in Ms. Shearer's article?  It might do more good than
> rattling it around among ourselves.

As I may have stated in my message, although I am an RSO, by training
I'm really a humble microbiologist, which means I don't really have
the facts and know-how to effectively rebut.  Besides, and not to
sound too provincial, most of the letters to our newspaper deal more
with traffic, abortion, and the horrible decline of morals in
America.
    Cody Shearer is a national columnist as far as I know, and your
newspaper in your town may carry his column.  I'm just the message
boy; you're the folks with the ammunition.
dgilmore@navajo.state.edu

David F. Gilmore,
Assistant Professor of          0  0
Environmental Biology            __    "have a day"
Arkansas State University