RE: Uranium Expert

Hi Matt and Fellow Radsafers,

I was pleased to be able to add to the NJN TV coverage of this "event".  They taped about 5 minutes me being interviewed by an environmental reporter which included my explaination of how Ra is naturally occuring and how the reported levels (about 30 pCi/l) are on the high end of the normal distrubution of Ra in well water.

However, NJN Nightly News only aired one sentence which was my conclusion that there was no public health danger.

cheers,
Wes Van Pelt
vanpelt@ios.com

PS  It was Ra not U in the well H2O.