records for NRC

Just for the record, on the subject of records, the following response is
perfectly acceptable and legal:

"I'm sorry, but our records have to stay here.  I'll provide you a place to
review them, or let you make copies of what you need, but we have a company
(organizational) policy that our records remain in our custody.  If you
really need to take the originals off company property, we'll need a receipt
signed by your regional administrator with a schedule for their return."

Records must be made available, but the regulations are very clear on the
fact that even though NRC makes you keep a record, the record itself remains
the property of the licensee.