The Search for a Real MicroR meter -Reply

Josh --

Please don't take this as a "recommendation", but ...

Bicron Radiation Measurements has an instrument that they
call a "microRem" meter. I can't remember exactly what
technology is being used, but I'm sure they'd be happy to tell
you <grin>

The only contact I have is the sales rep here in the Atlanta
area, Terry Moore. I have two numbers -- (770) 926-1660 and
(800) 472-5656.

Good luck!

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
4244 International Parkway, Suite 114
Atlanta, GA 30354
(404) 362-2675   fax: (404) 362-2653
Jim_Hardeman@mail.dnr.state.ga.us

>>> <jfilner@reed.edu> 04/24/96 18:40pm >>>

Are there any other instruments availible which have real
dose measurement capability in the microR/Meters?  Does
anybody make a NaI based instrument which does a
weighted average of pulse size? List price under $1000 is a
big plus but I know that's asking a lot.