Re: Fire at Los Alamos

    The "DOME" fire has grown to 14,000 acres.  Fire fighters are
attempting to funnel the fire towards Rabbit Hill.  Air assets from Arizona
have been released to assist in fighting this fire, slurry planes are
arriving every 30 minutes from Kirtland Air Force Base, when the winds
allow during the day.  Several Hot Shot teams have also been brought in.
Last night the temperature dropped and we had "frost on the pumpkin" this
helped a great deal.  At this time we are being told that our homes and the
Lab are not in danger, although the smoke has been heavy in some areas over
the weekend.

Sherry W. Jones
Los Alamos National Laboratory
P. O. Box 1663, MS E524