Re: Chernobyl and Psychosomatic Illness

First of all, notice how I deleted the others persons threads on this topic.

Next, the news will always have their mystique when the topic of radiation
lumes.

Also, let us not overlook the large amount of time spent on 60 Minutes with
the WHO representative.  (I couldn't catch all of what was being said.  The
public house that I was frequenting had a neighboring TV with the Bulls
game)  He touched on the topic of expected cancers.  The thyroid cancers in
children would be expected in the exposed population.  However, future
cancers would be suspect throughout the population.

Finally, my wife mentioned a Life (or Time) Magazine article showing a group
of children born after the event with missing limbs.  It hinted that this
was the result of a radiation exposure.  I asked her to dig out the article.
Maybe, I could better explain it.  She did not know whether these children
were in utero when exposed or begotten after the exposure.  Does anyone have
any info on this article?
These are my opinions and not those of my employer, blah, blah, blah...

Matthew Williamson
USDOE
Environmental Measurements Lab
201 Varick Street