Investigation Levels for Extremities

From: shand

         In keeping with our ALARA program we are assigning
         investigation levels to extremity monitoring results.
         Typical TLD exposures that would warrant this at our
         license have come back as 250 - 500 mrem for a 30 day
         period of wear.  Please comment on how you assign
         investigation levels for extremity monitoring results.
         Could one use ICRP-54 as a guide for this ?

            thank you for your response(s).

                        steve
                        UMCP