Re[2]: MONITORING UNIVERSITY HEALTH CENTER PERSONNEL

     Your nuclear medicine department most surely must ensure that no
     individual of the public has the potential to exceed the 100 mrem in a
     year from your licensed material. So, with that in mind, you don't
     need to provide individual monitoring to prove that you remained
     within regulatory limits, but must provide other methodologies to
     demonstrate that nobody can be exposed in excess of the limits, using
     area badges and occupancy factors as an example.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company
     Nuclear Division
     Juno Beach, FL

     (407) 694-4219 Office
     (407) 694-3706 Fax

     sandy_perle@email.fpl.com

     homepage: http://www.wp.com/54398/home.html

     DISCLAIMER: The comments and opinions are mine alone and do not
                necessarily reflect those of my employer

With this logic, should I also monitor every person that walks into my hospital,
after all, they might be exposed, too.  They could spend time in the
radiology waiting room, or accidentally walk into a research laboratory.
Why would they be any less likely to sue?