Re: What is the average energy of Cl-36?

As per Kocher (1981)* the average energy of Cl-36 is 251.33 keV (E max =
709.6). A rule of thumb is that the average is 1/3 the maximum.

*Kocher, David C. Radioactive Decay Data Tables. Technical Information
Center. USDOE. Document No. DOE/TIC-11026.

You can get this for about US$20 from the National Technical Information
Service, tel no. 703-487-4650.

Report 58, "A Handbook of Radioactivity Measurements Procedures", second
edition, of the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements
includes a subset of the tables in Kocher, for radionuclides of primarily
biomedical interest. The data were also reevaluated before their inclusion,
resulting in some significant changes. I'm sorry that I don't have mine with
me. Good luck.

NCRP Publications: 800-229-2652.