Fallout - Cesuim-137 levels in the US and California

        I am working on a problem at a closed Military Base and request the
following information:
        a.  Cesuim-137 fallout levels in the United States and California;
in particular, reports/publications on the subject.  One particular item of
interest is whether Cs-137 adheres to soil and what is the rate of travel.
In addition, does Cs-137 collect in wood and plants.

Background:  Cesium-137 levels in California are reported by state officials
as rarely being greater than 1 pico(p) Curie(Ci) per gram(g).  We have found
levels in depressions and low spots between 1 and 4 pCi/g, and in railroad
track wooden cross beams.  Most other levels are less than 1 pCi/g.  We
believe the elevated levels found in depressions and wood to be at fallout
levels. Can this be justified by scientific fact or publications?

Dwayne