Re: Iodine Bioassay: NUREG/CR-4884

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: Charles Potter at PO821CC1
Date: 5/8/96 10:10AM
To: Ccja@aol.com at hubsmtp
Subject: Re: Iodine Bioassay: NUREG/CR-4884

     I sent this to the person who sent the original message, but in the
     name of global interest (re:  Sue Dupre) I figured I'd forward it to
     the whole list.

     Fire away.

     Gus Potter
     Sandia National Laboratories
     CAPOTTE@sandia.gov
     (505) 844-2750

Author:  Charles Potter at PO821CC1
Date:    5/8/96 10:10 AM

     For iodine, the f1=1, meaning all iodine in the stomach goes
     immediately to the systemic whole body, and the only inhalation class
     is class D meaning that there is no long term lung retention.  Since
     this is the case, the inhalation and ingestion models act the same
     (after a few days after intake) except for the 37% exhalation that is
     assumed in the lung model.  Therefore, you should just be able to
     multiply the ingestion IRFs by 0.37 to get those from inhalation.  To
     account for the radioactive isotopes, you can just multiply by the
     decay factor.

     Good luck,