Juno-7 parts -Reply

>I have come into a Juno-7 air-proportional field instrument, and would
>like to put it in working condition for sentimental reasons.  Does anyone
.know where I can get parts, schematics, etc?

>George R. Cicotte

George:

Its a fine instrument, but not an air-proportional detector. Its an ion
chamber developed ca 1947/48 at Hanford by Carl Gamertsfelder's
people at his request. Various versions were used well into the 80's.  My
guess is that the DOE tiger teams put the final nail in the Juno's coffin.
The Juno was an improved version of the Zeus, an instrument developed
in Chicago's Met Lab ca 1943 by Frank Shonka, the father of Joe, an
esteemed fellow radsafer.

It just so happens that I have the generic circuit diagrams for the Juno
and can probably provide the parts you need.  But, there is no such thing
as a free lunch ;-) Care to talk?

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs
ORISE