     informative evening!

     Date:      Thursday, May 23, 1996

     Place:     Hs Lordships Restaurant, 199 Seawall Drive, Berkeley, CA

     Schedule:
     6:00 -     Cocktails (no host bar)
     7:00 -     Dinner and Vendors' Night Festivities
     (Installation of new board members, presentation of Chapter awards,
     and drawings for door prizes)

     Menu: Choice of
     "A" = Roast Half Spring Chicken or
     "B" = Baked Pacific Red Snapper

     ** Please indicate your menu choice when you reply

     Cost: $23 for early reservation and payment, that is either by 1)
     early mailing of your RSVP envelope and check, or 2) phone or E-mail
     reservation received by Monday the 20th at the latest AND payment
     postmarked by the same day.  Phone (510) 828-5225 or E-mail to
     jhelliott@aol.com Cost will be $25 at the door.

     Snailmail: Jack Elliott, 9431 Olympia Fields Dr, San Ramon, CA 94583

     Note:  Reservations in advance allow us to appropriately plan for the
     meeting with the restaurant, and avoid long lines at the meeting.

     PREVIEW OF THIS MONTH'S PROGRAM- IT'S VENDORS' NIGHT!!
     from Bev DeOcampo

     Affiliate Members planning to participate at the meeting:  Aptec
     Nuclear & Isotope Products; ATG; Bicron/Harshaw; Canberra Nuclear;
     EG&G; EMC; F & J Specialty Products, Inc.; Helgeson Scientific
     Services; ICN Dosimetry Service; Ludlum Measurements; PWN
     Environmental; Quantrad Sensor; Roche Bioscience, A Division of Syntex
     US (showing for the January, 1997 midyear meeting "Health Physics of
     Radiation Generating Machines"); Radiation Detection Company;
     Scientific Ecology Group; and Victoreen.