From:          Self <TDHBRC1/WDUNN>
To:            radsafe
Subject:       NRC Terminates Rulemaking on Part 21 Reporting
Date:          16 May 96 08:58:14

"...staff plans to terminate the rulemaking for 10 CFR Part 21
regarding reporting requirements for materials licensees... This is
based on staff review of the number and significance of the Part 21
reports submitted by materials licensees over the past five years.
Based on this review, staff believes that there would be
insignificant safety improvements to impose Part 21 requirements on
Agreement State Licensees"

Wesley M. Dunn, C.H.P.                     512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us