Re: NRC Terminates Rulemaking on Part 21 Reporting

Wes Dunn wrote, in part:

>It appears the NRC has decided to stop the "MIT/NIH" rulemaking for
>reporting contamination incidents that just maybe somehow could
>possibly have been intentional.

HURRAY!!! All the moanin' and groanin' actually had an effect, for once!!!
Maybe if us HP-types banded together and got some funding from, say, the Nuc
Power industry, we could make as much noise and grab as many headlines as
Greenpeace...nah, probably not.  It's SUFFERING and DEATH that make
headlines.  Eliminating wasteful spending, so that money can be shook loose
to MANAGE risk, is just BORING.
          Ron Morgan <rgmorgan@lanl.gov>
          Operational Health Physics (ESH-1)
          Los Alamos National Laboratory