Thallium 201

Dear Radsafers,

Regarding the stress test, I had one and they did use 4 mCi of thallium-201.
The health physics personal where I worked measured me daily, and the half
life was 3 days, equal to the physical decay.  I couldn't work in radiation
areas for 3 weeks.  I was told by the hp staff latter that you might be able
to request they use Tc-99m insted, which has a much shorter half life, and
less dose of course too.  I haven't calculated my dose, but it is certainly
more than the dose I get at work.

Darryl Kaurin
dkaurin@eden.rutgers.edu