From: ASTUDILLO L PEDRO <ic091099@sparc16.pue.udlap.mx>
Subject:Information Request about monitoring radon in water.

I am a senior civil engineering student at the Universidad de las
Americas-Puebla. As part of my thesis research project, I have to
monitor, for radon, some aquifers of Mexico. The main problem that I
have had is the lack of information bailable in Mexico and abroad about
radon in water. The civil engineering department has a an alpha detector,
which can only detect radon in air. Therefore we need the radon canis-
ters.

I would like to know if you would be so kind as to help me by answering
some questions I have:

1. Where can I get the special activated carbon filters used to
   measure radon in water.

2. Is there a study related to the radon transfer from water into the
   air?

3. Is there a special method to monitor radon in water using
   carbon filters and a radioactive detector?

	I  have June and July to make all the monitoring required, so I
would really appreciate hearing from you soon.  Because of some
problem with the students E-mail addresses, I would like you to send a
copy of your reply to my thesis' assessor Dr. Jose A. Raynal at
jraynal@udlapvms.pue.udlap.mx. Finally I want to thank you for reading
this letter.

Sincerely,

Pedro Astudillo.