Re: Reuters Story - NY Police Uncover Plot Against Politicians

>1,001 Uses for Radioactive Material - check this one out:
>
>NY Police Uncover Plot Against Politicians

Yes, and the Radiological Assistance Program (RAP) team out of Brookhaven
were the lucky folks who got to be woken up at 3 a.m. to visit the house in
question, survey for contamination, and take care of the radium! Then, they
had the 10-hour media blitz to contend with.... But we (and the DOE) came
out of it looking like radiation experts and pretty good guys. And the
radium was taken to a local university hospital.

As for the main suspect, John Ford, he's been calling BNL for years, and
mentioning us in his speeches and literature. He's convinced we've shot
down UFOs with our particle accelerators, and that we're hiding the alien
bodies in the tunnel of our new collider!

--Kara Villamil
BNL Public Affairs
karav@bnl.gov