Subject: Univ Waste
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet/X400
Date:    6/19/96 7:13 PM

   We had a very cost effective method of waste disposal at CSU, we
buried it in our own landfill until 1985. After that we simply stored it
in an old dog kennel on campus until 1992 when we shipped a large
quantity to a fun place called RAMP Industries. We continued to store
waste at the kennel until October of 1995 when the EPA sent the RAMP
waste back to us. Therefore, if it hasn't decayed, we have all of our
radioactive waste still at CSU. If you never get rid of it, it doesn't
cost you anything, right?
     Our administration is having to deal with the incredible cost of
cleaning up 40 years of waste within one year.