---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RADPROJECT@AOL.COM

This question relates to potential exposure to a worker at a PWR. Does anyone have any experience which might be relevant to the buildup of radioactivity in the lagging (insulation) around a Turbine Main Steam Stop Valve (MSSCV) due to a long-term steam leak under the following conditions:
1) The plant has a history of bad tubes in the steam    generator
2) Coolant activity is also elevated due to fuel problems
3) The shaft on the MSSV is severely eroded and has    channels which allow escape of steam

If anyone has any actual experience with a situation like the above or any information on an analogous situation which might help to infer the buildup of activity in the insulation and exposure potential to a worker in removing the valve covering, insulation, and opening up the valve, please e-mail me.

Thanks so much for any information you can supply.

Stewart Farber
E-mail: RADPROJECT@AOL.COM
19 Stuart St.
Pawtucket, RI 02860