Re: Radon flux from soils

I would imagine the physical chemistry would play a large role.  If the
temperature were raised, the gas dissolved in water would leach out.  I
always like to think of a bottle of Pepsi (I am from the Carolina's) in a
hot August day versus a cool November evening.  Which one would you bet
will have more pressure upon opening?  I would imagine that a higher
barometric pressure would force more gas to dissolve.  There may be
another effect of moist soil.  I wonder if the water can "trap" the gas
into these pore spaces within the soil, having the effect of lowering the
amount of gas released?  Would this be more likely to happen in sandy
type soil or fine soil?  Does it happen at all?

Robert A. Jones
RAJ6582@ACS.TAMU.EDU