Re: Risk Comparisons

     I agree with Sue's comments regarding risk, be it voluntary or
     involuntary. The comparisons that the public will be interested and
     take note of are the very things that they are capable of
     understanding, be it smoking, drinking or taking a shower. As many
     already know, there is a higher risk of death for someone slipping in
     a shower than from smoking or radiation exposure. So why not use all
     comparisons available to us? We need to get explain what we do in
     layman's terms, more likely at an 8th grade level, which is where most
     newspapers target their audience. That is what we have been taught in
     Media Training for dealing with the media when discussing radiation
     risk.

     Sandy Perle

     sandy_perle@email.fpl.com
     sandyfl@ix.netcom.com