Re: Magnetic field reduction

        Michael,

        With scepticism, I checked out a couple of ELF ProTech (and later
other manufacturer's) units using appropriate "Holaday" ELF Field Strength
instrumentation.

        My scepticism was justified.

        Joel T. Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil
        NRaD
        S.D. CA

        My comments/opinions are mine alone (sigh) and do not (necessarily)
reflect those of the Navy, the Fed. Govt. or my supervisors.

------------------------------------M/S-------------------------------------
-----

At 12:10 AM 7/4/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone had an opportunity to test the "ELF ProTech"?
>
>Check it out at http://www.noradcorp.com/elfpro.htm
>
>This unit is supposed to reduce magnetic fields around VDUs: their sales
>literature claims that " ELF magnetic fields are attracted to and absorbed
>by it".  Sounds improbable, but I'll maintain an open mind.  Any takers?
>

>Michael Williamson
>                                        ph +61 7 3365 4504
>Radiation Protection Adviser            fax +61 7 3365 1577
>Occupational Health & Safety Unit       m.williamson@mailbox.uq.edu.au
>University of Queensland
>Brisbane 4072
>Australia
>
>The opinions expressed in this communication are those of the writer: they
>are not necessarily those of the University of Queensland.

Joel T. Baumbaugh (baumbaugf@nosc.mil)
Naval Research and Development (NRaD)
San Diego, CA., U.S.A.