RE: Dose Rates from Patients

I don't believe it is appropriate to post a patient room as a "radiation
area" or "high radiation area" (at least according to an NRC inspector).
 10CFR35.315 states to post a radiopharmaceutical (and 35.415 for
implant patients) patient's room with a "Radioactive Materials" sign.
No mention of "radiation area."  Maybe the part of the definition of
"radiation area" that states "...accessible to individuals" exempts
hospital rooms (i.e., the room is posted that all visitors must report
to nurses station before entering the room).  Therefore, it is assumed
that there is some controlled access(???).  But we all know how that is!
 I know that really sounds like a stretch...any other thoughts?

Kathi Elliott
Indiana University Medical Center
kelliott@wpo.iupui.edu