concrete demolition

     You have already gotten some very good suggestions that I would prefer
     over the one I am describing.  But if your budget is very low,
     consider a trick we have used to keep silica exposures down:

     Put large pieces of carpet over the area to be jackhammered and wet
     them thoroughly.  Jackhammer the surface through the carpet.

     This technique has been used on indoor jobs.  Measurements have shown
     the respirable silica exposures are reduced from levels in excess of
     the PEL to levels that are well below the action level.  In other
     words we have observed a factor of 4 or more reduction.  It is
     reasonable to expect a useful reduction for radioactive aerosols.

     Bob Morris, CHP CIH
     Rust Geotech