Alpha radiation as tests of LNT

Thanks to David Gooden for helping to broaden public awareness of this question.

I have a question for those who follow these studies much more closely than
I.  From what I read on radsafe, the purported failures of LNT seems to show
up in studies involving alpha emitting nuclides (e.g., Rn and Ra).  Could
the problem be that the risk coefficient for high LET radiation (i.e. the Q
factor)?  Or perhaps only this kind of radiation shows a non-linear response?

I look forward to your insights.

Dave Scherer
scherer@uiuc.edu