Alpha radiation and LNT

Apparently there was a problem in posting the following message.  Pretty
hard for me to understand, because there aren't many hops between my machine
and romulus.  This is a second try.

>>	The risk from radon is determined from data on miners who
>>contracted lung cancer from high exposures in mines. LNT simply says that
>>the risk of lower exposures is linearly related to the dose.Nothing else
>>is involved.Presumably, if a single alpha particle can kill a cell, the
>>number of cells killed is also linearly related to dose.

Perhaps I didn't make the point clear enough, so let me reword it.  Please
forgive me if I was so consise to become cryptic.  Apparently, I have made
this mistake a lot on radsafe, lately.