Re: Release of Patients Rece

Yes, actually, I meant to add this to my earlier response, then got
distracted. It should be determined up front if the patient is able/willing
to comply with all instructions connected with their treatment, whether
specifically medical or not. You then have the option of modifying or
forgoing treatment (i.e., referring to another facility) if it appears that
the risk/benefit ratio is too high for your institution to accept.

By example of modification, one could do an HDR prostate treatment instead of
a permanent LDR implant. Or give several doses of I131 for thyroidal Ca,
instead of one (note that these are medical decisions). The real problem
though is that patients are human, and may change their minds, get cold feet,
etc., once a course of treatment is underway. This can also result in
misadministrations.