Re: NVLAP

The Navy's Dosimetry Program has been NVLAP accredited for many years.  If
my memory serves me correctly, the Navy's program was among the first in the
country to be certified in ALL categories.  If you have specific questions
regarding the Navy's program please address them to CAPT Karl Mendenhall at
(301)-295-5410.  CAPT Mendenhall is the Officer in Charge of the Navy
Dosimetry Center.   Also, either CAPT Mendenhall or someone on his staff
will be able to assist you in contacting NVLAP.

CAPT JERRY THOMAS

At 15:56 8/15/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Greetings all.
>
>Do any of you know if the Navy's dosimetry system is NVLAP accredited?
>Also, I'd like to get in contact with someone within the NVLAP to
>discuss their requirements. Any help you can provide would be happily
>accepted.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/101      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
>Radiation Safety Officer        Internet: Don@LMSC.Lockheed.com
>Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space            Tel. (408) 742-0759
>Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611

CAPT Jerry A. Thomas,  MSC, USN
Chief Radiological Physics
Department of Radiology/Nuclear Medicine
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD  20814-4799

mailto:thomas@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
Phone:   (301) 295-3246