Re: Minimum Detectable Activity

Horacio

I do not I acess to DOE's HASL-300.  Would you fax a those three pages dealing
with MDA to me as well.

   Thanks,  Phillip

FAX # 205.386.2370

There is a very simple derivation of this in the Procedures Manual of the US
DOE's Environmental Measurements Laboratory (HASL-300). I'd be glad to fax
you the relevant pages; they include a brief bibliography. I don't think that
you really need the +3, unless you have a very small number of counts. A more
lengthy treatment is in the draft ANSI standard on bioassay, which I believe
was withdrawn.

Chris Alston