Re[2]: cpm conversion to mrem/hr

     Please attempt to make a positive contribution along with your
     whining.  Nobody likes to only listen to negative commentary.

     I could see how such tables could be derrived with certain boundary
     conditions.  You would certainly need to know your energy spectrum,
     probe efficiency, etc., but I would certainly think a table or
     nomograph could be constructed.  I would be interested in looking at
     such a table and boundary conditions myself.

     Tables and graphs are excellent user aids for those who work with
     radiation.  Nomographs are, or were about 5 years ago, the primary
     method of determining nuclear, biological, and chemical hazards in the
     U.S. military (probably all NATO countries).  Calculations could be
     made by anyone with the least bit of common sense.  The Rad Health
     Handbook also seems to be constructed almost entirely of tables,
     graphs, and nomographs.  When it is all said and done, I guess all
     that really matters is that we end up with the right answer and it
     really doesn't matter how you obtain it.

     Sincerely
     Glen Vickers