Re: cpm conversion to mrem/hr -Reply

At 17:01 28.08.1996 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Franz,
>
>What do you mean you can't believe that Dave
>Harrison could never have seen a GM count
>rate to dose rate conversion factor?  Have
>you never seen a GM survey instrument such
>as an Eberline E-520 which provides dose
>rate?  Of course one has to be very careful to
>ensure that the conditions under which the
>instrument are used are appropriate for how the
>instrument was calibrated just as Dave would
>need to be careful on using a GM
>cpm to dose rate conversion factor appropriate
>to the situation he was dealing with.  What rock
>do you live under?
>

>Sincerely,
>Lonny Eckert
>-standard disclaimers-

Lonny,

Thank you for repeating my arguments. I have written, that calibration would
have to be done individually. Unfortunately you are not aware that you
repeat my arguments.

I have not seen the instrument you cite, but quite a lot of other ones,
which are calibrated giving the restrictions for the calibration, but do not
give a nomograph or whatsoever how to convert cpm to mR/h, mSv/h or whatever
doserate unit you want.

There are actually people in Europe who live under rocks - for instance in a
town in Spain this is a big tourist attraction. These houses are equipped
with all sanitary installations, with TV and so on and they are said to be
very comfortable, because the temperature is almost the same during the
whole year. I myself life in a house where I do not have the mentioned benefits.

Best regards, Franz
Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 WIEN