Re: Organically Bound Tritium

There is no DAC or ALI in 10CFR20 for organically bound tritium.  I suggest
consulting NCRP 63, "Tritium and Other Radionuclide Labeled Organic Compounds
Incorporated in Genetic Material" (1979).

I'd be curious in hearing what any of you out there know about organically
bound tritium.  In particular, what is known about the dosimetric effect of
tritium that is organically bound in the body versus the unbound fraction?
Is OBT accounted for in the available tritium dose conversion factors, or is
its effect considered insignificant compared to the unbound fraction?  Any
direction on solid references on this topic (other than NCRP No. 62) would
be appreciated.  Thanks.
Gary L. Schroeder
Brookhaven National Laboratory
gs1@bnl.gov