Re: Radioactivity in soil

I obtained a copy of the RESRAD code in 1992 from the following source (this
should still be valid):

Charley Yu
Environmental Assessment and Information Sciences Div.
Argonne National Laboratory
(708) 252-5589

Also I had info for a couple of other possible sources if the one above from
Argonne does not work.  The information I have states that these sources are
for non-DOE contractors:

Energy, Science, and Technology Software Center
PO Box 1020
Oak Ridge, TN  37831-1020

Radiation Shielding Information Center
PO Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN  37831-6362

Sorry, I do not have telephone numbers for the above.

As an aside, I know the NRC had published a NuReg/CR-5512 (I believe) that
had various residential soil usage models.  It was in draft form when I saw
it several years ago and I do not know if it has come out in final form.
This NuReg listed pCi/gm numbers on a radionuclide basis that corresponded
to a 1 mrem/yr dose committment.

Hope this has been some help.

Gregory R. Larson
Radioactive Solid Waste Operations Group
Lockheed Martin Energy Research
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P.O. Box 2008
Building 3047, MS 6023