Re[2]: CellPhones

Subject: Re: CellPhones
From:    radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at mgdestmx01
Date:    12/9/96  6:24 PM

>I think there may be some minor RF and Power (50Hz) effects due to the
>pulsed nature of data packets from digital phones in some poorly shielded
>appliances.

I have personally seen a chart recorder go ape when I approached it whilst using
an anologue cellular phone.

Regards

Alex Zapantis
Environmental Radiation Officer
Office of the Supervising Scientist       Email: azapantis@dest.gov.au
40 Blackall Street                                 Phone: (int+) 61 6 274 1642
Barton ACT 2600 AUSTRALIA                 Fax : (int+) 61 6 274 1519

The Office of the Supervising Scientist is a Branch of the
         Federal Environment Protection Agency