Re: Answers to Electronic Dosimetry Operability Checks

     I am someone who works in this specific area, but I'm sorry if I
     missed your post or couldn't quite find the time at work to respond.
     Read my other response which I sent today on this same thread which
     does give feedback.  I do generally try to provide feedback if I feel
     I have helpful information, sorry if I caught this one a little late.

     I have worked specifically with MG radiation monitoring products for
     approximately 5 years and know a lot about their good points and
     shortcomings.  Perhaps I may have some additional info to help.
     Perhaps a five-minute phone call would be better than 5 hours on
     email?

     By the way, who was that vendor that said their dosimeters did not
     need a speaker check?  Failure rates are typically very low, but I'd
     like to here the numbers you were quoted.

     About opinions; I find it amusing that when someone attacks someone
     for asking a "stupid" question, that ten other people come back and
     "correct" the aggressor for their inappropriate action.  It's kinda
     nice to see that the world hasn't totally gone to hell yet and that
     some people will still stick up for each other.

     Sincerely
     Glen Vickers

     brzgv@ccmail.ceco.com