Re: Cremation

I hope that no one  would, knowingly, send an "isotopic power source" ( I
assume that a pacemaker is the referent) through an incinerator/cremator,
regardless of the putative integrity of the source. We're talking about, in
one (formerly) widely used pacer, ~2 Ci Pu-238; if nothing else, the PR could
be very bad. The question of cremating remains containing active (nominally,
<10 halflives), permanent radiotherapeutic implants, e.g., I-125 seeds, is a
different horse.

Chris Alston