Re: hospital film badges

We justified the general population dose limit of 2 mR/hr as the check-off
limit for deciding who needed dosimetry and who we could justify as
exempting.

Anyone...Anyone entering an area where the field ever...ever exceeded 2 mR/hr
requires dosimetry.

Our lab has hallways, with viewing areas for tours.  Since the field in the
hallway never exceeds the threshold members of the public are not badged
unless they are part of an occupational program and do not have their host
dosimetry with them.

Hope this helps.