Re: CO-2 decon

We used Co-2 blaster for the past 5 outages, and it worked great, and we are
happy with it. For this outage we purchsed the unit it was cheaper than
leasing.
_________________________________
>Subject: CO-2 decon
>Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
>Date:    10/3/96 10:53 AM
>

>Has anyone had experience using CO-2 pellet decon systems
>to free release material for disposal or re-use?
>
>In particular I was wondering if you have had success releasing
>lead waste, tools or other items.  (Assume that the material is fairly
>old and been in storage a 10 years or more and highly contaminated.)
>
>Also, I would like to know if you have ever checked for contamination
>"leaching" back out of the decontaminated items after a period of time,
>(say a week or month later, whatever seems appropriate.)
>
>Thanks
>
>Rich Hazard
>
>hazardr@wv.doe.gov

Mr. Rahim Ghanooni
Sr. Health Physicist
Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
319-851-7133 Tel
319-851-7626 Fax
rahim@inav.net