mrad/h to Ci conversion

     Hi fellow Radsefers :-)

     I am confused (or stupid?).

     I am trying to figure out how to convert mrad/h readings from high
     level smears to Ci values. I feel we should be able to do this, as a
     smear is the method of quantifying the amount of radioactive
     contamination a worker or member of the public may be exposed to
     (quantification was the reason we switched from cpm/ft^2 to
     dpm/100cm^2).

     Using our station's isotopic mix;
     I have tried to use Alpha, Beta, Gamma energy conversion equations...
     and...I have tried using rule of thumb radiation-at-distance
     formulas.(i.e.:R=6CiEN, etc.)

     The results do not agree with what we are told is "the Industry
     Standard" which, depending on who you talk to, ranges from 50K per
     mrad to 100k per mrad.

     Any hint, guidence, or help is greatly appreciated before-hand.

     Privite replies can be sent to:
     drejz@ccmail.ceco.com
     -or-
     jwren64272@aol.com