Re: Linear Hypothesis...

Andy correcty states,

> The point was NOT that we should run out and invent a cheap, watch-sized
> detector to give to everyone along with their social security number.
> The practical limitations of that are obvious.  Aside from the cost and
> technology issues, who would wear one?  I don't think it would be
> something they'd carry at the Gap.
>
> The point was that educating the public on radiation risks is nearly
> impossible without something they can relate to everday life experience.
>  Sorry if that didn't come across right.
>                                                         --Andy

Note however that giving "everybody" a $1700 "rad detector watch" wouldn't
waste any more than we are presently wasting :-)  (Let's see, if we get volume
production, at even $1000, 250million people is only $250billion  :-)   I'm
sure we could get the price down.)

Thanks.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com