Re: Decon of old rusty material

Mark,
At TMI-2 we used liquid abraisive blasting in a hood type enclosure.  The
liquid abraisive was recirculated until either worn out or the radiation
levels became undesireable and the discarded as radioactive waste.  This
system is very efficient, doesn't create airborne problems and can be
operated essentially in street clothes.  I does generate more radwaste than
soild CO2 blasting but is much more agressive.  The abraisive grit
coarseness can be varied depending on how much metal you want to remove.

Doug Turner <turners@earthlink.net>