Re: Cancers defined as "radiogenic diseases"

We not only have Linear No Threshold, but we have bureaucrats MANUFACTURING
the radiogenesis of cancer...and then saying that it won't have a
significant impact.  What's next?  Perhaps vitamin-c carcinogenesis, because
some cancer victims have eaten oranges?

At 11:24 PM 10/21/96 -0500, you wrote:
... This would implement a
> decision by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs that based on all evidence
> currently available to him prostate cancer and any other cancers are
> ``radiogenic diseases.'
>
>     The Secretary hereby certifies that this regulatory amendment will not
> have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities
> as they are defined in the Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA), 5 U.S.C. 601-612.
> The reason for this certification is that these amendments would not directly
> affect any small entities. Only VA beneficiaries could be directly affected.
> Therefore, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 605(b), these amendments are exempt from the
> initial and final regulatory flexibility analysis requirements of section 603
> and 604.

          Ron Morgan <rgmorgan@lanl.gov>
          Operational Health Physics (ESH-1)
          Los Alamos National Laboratory